Monday, May 22, 2006

It's the little things

A list of small annoyances which are surprisingly more annoying than large ones most days...

~*~*~

Dear person with a ribbon magnet on your car,

You do not need to turn it sideways for me to read it. Really. Do you ever see people with ribbons on their lapels wearing them sideways? No? That's because it looks stupid. Please turn your ribbon magnet in a vertical direction.

Thank you,
the driver in the little cherry red car behind you

~*~*~

Dear Mini van in front of me,

While the little family characters on your back windshield may be look cute (especially the ones with dogs & cats too--nice touch!) it's probably not the smartest idea to put your childrens' names underneath his/her character. What would make you think that letting total strangers know your kids' names is a good idea? This is not 1950. For the love of God, keep your children safe.

Thank you,
the childless driver in the little cherry red car behind you who was raised by a single mom & was taught to be careful from a young age.

~*~*~

Dear driver of a minivan/truck/SUV or other tall vehicle,

Please have some consideration for those of us in little cars. When making a left turn out of a parking lot or street, you have no reason to pull all the way out. Your car is tall and you can see both ways without doing so. My car is short and I cannot see around you. Even though I am making a right and I only have to make sure one direction of traffic is clear, I still have to wait for you because I cannot see around you. I have somewhere to be too.

While we're talking about large cars, please don't take up more than one parking space. Just because your car is huge, it doesn't give you the right to take up more than one space. This is rude and inconsiderate.

Thank you,
The driver in the 2002 little cherry red car looking for a space, or looking to make a right... who used to drive a 1988 little cherry red car and used to jam it into the half-space you left me. A little old car can fit in such places....
my new car can too, but I don't want to get her scratched because she's pretty and I want her to last as long as my 1988 did.

~*~*~

Funny, I had no idea that my (thankfully now) short drive to and from work could be so annoying.
What are the little things that annoy you? It doesn't have to be about driving. I hadn't started out to discuss all driving-related issues, the theme just emerged on its own.

Cherry Red
Current Mood: Snarky

4 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Oh! My favorite topic: Things that tick me off. Unkindness. Inconsiderate, selfish, thoughtless behavior. Greed. Rampant consumerism - although I'm guilty of that myself. (But hey! I'm on a nice high horse.) People treating each other badly, mostly.

I'm sure I sound like a Pollyanna. I tee off with the best of them and am plenty selfish in my own right... but those are the things that really get me.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hey Brooke,

I seriously hate all those things too. My list was a silly one because I was in a mood.

Thanks for stopping by. How ya doin'? Meetings over?

Hugs

11:02 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hi Erica,

I named my 1988 car Wildfire. I've had the 2002 for 2 years and I don;t realy call her anything. The model is a C, so sometimes I call her Cee-Cee, so I guess that's her name.

I too think it's great if you can actually SEE while driving a car. And nothing is worse than people who jusr cut you off at 5 MPH when you happen to be going 45.

Oh! ANd we have lots of hilly curves where I live. I almost got killed yesterday when some guy in a huge truck took the curve down the middle of the street. Almost had a head-on collision. When taking a curve and it's blind, please stay in your OWN lane. D'oh!

I'll check out that meme whenever you've got it ready. Can't promise I'll know anything, but I will try to guess. And happy holiday weekend.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Oh! Pardon me. Didn't know you were outside the U.S.

Happy weekend regardless. :)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home