Monday, May 08, 2006

The Auction is over (for now)

Thank you sooo much to everyone who participated. From Robin our fantabulous Committee Chairwoman/Captain/All-Around Organizer, to Dee our E-bay expert, to the rest of the committee, to the authors and to the other donors and to everyone who bidded, donated, or passed our MicheleFund auction info on to family and friends. We have raised over $5,000 for Michele's medical bills and we couldn't have done it without you!

The photo above was taken just two days before Michele's surgery at the Pasadena Koman Race for the Cure. L to R: Michele's wonderful husband John, Michele (wearing one of Heidi's fabulous knitted scarves), my very supportive mom Phyllis, and me. It was an inspiring day. Almost as inspiring as this auction has turned out to be.

Thank you again to everyone. And stay tuned for a craft auction sometime this summer. If you are a crafter and would like to donate something, please contact me.

Current Mood: Thankful

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

You didn't put up the totals!! They need to hear the totals from you.

I love that pic, too. Michele looks awesome, as do you and Mom. Way cool.

YAY Cherries, for a very successful fundraising effort!!! YAY, Robin, for pulling it all together with such style. YAY Kim, for being such an awesome friend.

And YAY MICHELE, for having such spirit, determination and grit to be such an inspiration to so many! You really are beautiful!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Point taken. I'll edit my post and put up a general total. I don't have the exact figures yet.

Yay Michele! Yes. Absolutely yes. She's amazing, brave, strong, warm, true and everything in the world you'd hope you could ever be if something like this ever happened to you.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oh! Hi Kim! I will look to see if I have any little paintings that might be good to auction.

How wonderful that it's gone so well.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Wow, Brooke, do you paint? Whether you do or you don't, your painting donations would be awesome and are sooo appreciated. Have you seen the Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors Magazines? The Editor/owner of the mag is a cherry, Pokey. She is going to organize a quilt to auction I believe. She has all kinds of good ideas.

My friend is teaching me how to knit. I hope to knit a couple of scarves for the auction. I have the prettiest cherry red (snerk) yarn. It's kinda wavey and varigated shades. I'm looking forward to trying to knit again.

My cousin makes jewelry and is donating 2 bracelets. One of my OCC/RWA sisters is donating a wreath she made out of wine corks. I'm so intrigued and humbled by the display of creativity, generosity and sisterhood.

12:19 AM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Thank you guys so much for putting together the auction! I have more jewelry to donate for the next round - jazzed that the first 3 pieces did so well - so lemme know when and who to send pics/descriptions to!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thank You Kari,

Dee and I will be working together on entering all the items in Ebay for the craft auction. My cousin is donating 2 custom bracelets and I'm excited about that. More of your jewelry would be much welcomed and very much appreicated.

I'm really looking forward to this next auction. We have a wreath made of wine corks, some book and wine combos, lunch with an author, etc. Everything is going to be so creative and fun.

Hugs,
Kim

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home