Friday, May 19, 2006

Inspiration for change

I found some wonderful quotes today. My friend Barb turned me on to www.belief.net which is an interesting site all about various religions, spirituality, etc. Most of my close friends completed the belief-o-matic quiz and some of you might like to do it too. For me it was funny that even though I consider myself a Catholic, and am most comfortable with a Catholic mass, prayers, all the ritualistic-type stuff, I scored so low on Catholicism. The belif-o-matic told me I should be a Unitarian Universalist, which I'd never heard of before that.

But I digress... I've been thinking about the positive changes I've been trying to make in my life but I've also been cutting myself some slack. They say it takes 30 days to form a habit and that may be true, but how many things can you possibly try to make a habit at the same time? I've got the morning workout routine down, I've cut nearly all the fattening stuff out of my diet, but the writing keeps slipping. It's kind of like juggling. I can juggle two balls and then three, but when someone tosses me that fourth ball it gets harder, and the fifth one I just can't hold on to. I will, with practice, but just not yet. For now I will not get mad at myself when I drop a ball.

Anyway, I subscribe to a daily newsletter from belief.net which is basically a list of nice quotes and links. I love quotes; I find them inspiring. These were the quotes that appeared in my in-box this morning. I knew I had to post them as soon as I read them.

"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow." -- Doug Firebaugh

"Progress, however, of the best kind, is comparatively slow. Great results cannot be achieved at once; and we must be satisfied to advance in life as we walk, step by step." -- Samuel Smiles

"If you want to sail your ship in a different direction, you must turn one degree at a time." -- Brian Tracy

"Plan your progress carefully; hour-by hour, day-by-day, month-by-month. Organized activity and maintained enthusiasm are the wellsprings of your power." -- Paul J. Meyer

"Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional." -- Roger Crawford

Current Mood: forgiving, thoughtful, inspired

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home