Saturday, January 20, 2007

Today




Here's Atticus with me and the hubby this morning. He was so happy to see us and (though we look a little shell-shocked) the feeling was mutual. I hope God knows how lucky He is to have such a bright and beautiful shining light with him now. We miss him terribly, but we know this was best.

Thanks to everyone who has been sending me hugs and warm wishes on Blogger, e-groups and to my private e-mail address. It means more than you can ever know. My friend Cory said the nicest thing today:

"We, as a society, tend to only value the things that we can put a monetary value on. We even put a value on life, for life insurance purposes. But we also need to recognize what can't be quantified, only felt, and felt deeply, the invaluable things that make life worth it. That's what you gave to Atticus."

I'd spend the money, give the time and endure the heartbreak all over again if we did make his life worth it. Bless you Cory for those kind words.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home