Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 was a very good year

Things I am thankful for in 2006

1) My Husband- Your love and support this year has been the most important thing in my life. I'm so proud of all your accomplishments this year too. I knew you could do it. I love you.

2) My mother- No one’s got a better mother than I do! NO ONE! Thank you for everything this year (and for all the previous years too.) I love you.

3) My family- Everyone on both sides was healthy this year. This is a blessing.

4) Lady Kenpo Nikita: Our “Kiki”- That we had the privilege of sharing her last year on earth and that we were able to have her for nearly 12 years. I hope you and Kilroy are having fun in Heaven right now baby.

5) My Pets: Rutherford, Lulu and Atticus- They’ve been though so much this year (and in their lives). I'm so happy they are all healthy now and choose to be with us. We love you babies!

6) My Old Friends, particularly: B, B, C, C, D, H, K, M, P, P, R. Thank you ladies, my chosen sisters, for always being there for me. I love you.

7) Michele V- 2006 was a roller coaster for you! Diagnosed with breast cancer in February, surgery in March, chemo in April, May, June & July, bought a new house a trip to Holland to meet your father-in-law in August, Radiation in September & October, and a new job in November! You're so strong. I am so thankful for your health and your friendship this year. You've taught me so much about what's important in life and you continue to inspire me every day!

8) My new online friends- Lots of new online buddies this year. Lucky me! Dee, Charity, Caryle, Jody, Brooke, Meesh, Melodye… Also many old friends like Jill, Molly, Kathy, Barb P and Sue who I got to know better though Blogs, LJs and Cherry Forums this year. I treasure each and every one of you.

9) My job- I’m thrilled to work for the organization I’ve supported ever since I was a teen. I never realized how rewarding it could be to work for a cause I believe in so strongly. I am blessed to work there 3 ½ years (so far) and hope to still be working there many, many years from now.

10) The Dog Park Gang- J, M, K and D! What fun we’ve had doing doggie activities this year. Looking forward to more dog parties in 2007. :) Lulu & Atticus say, "Woof!" (That means "hi")

11) The outcome of the 2006 election. (Thanks to Caryle for this one. I’m stealing it!) Come on Edwards in 2008. Yeah!

12) Michele S- For sponsoring me to attend the Spring into Romance Conference in March. Without your selfless gift, I would not have been able to attend. Thank you too for your encouragement and your friendship.

13) My fairy Godmother- Thank you for all the gifs throughout the year—and not just the material ones (though they are fabulous!) but also the gifts of your wisdom, humor, patience and teaching. Looking forward with much anticipation to all the new stuff you’re working on for next year and hoping to help in any way I can.

14) All the generous donors and bidders for our Spring and Fall Michele Fund Auctions this year. I cannot thank all of you enough. With your help, it's been much easier for Michele to pay all those medical bills. Each and every one of you are angels.

15) My OCC/RWA sisters (& brothers!) Mandy, Vicki, Susan, Harry, Sheereen, Hilda, Jackie and all our wonderful members. Thank you for the incredible amount of support and encouragement. I'm so lucky to be a member of such a great group of writers. Nobody has a better chapter than we do. OCC rocks! :)

16) Jenny, Mollie & the Cherries- Thank you for another year of all things cherry. Looking forward to 2007. Nothing but good times ahead!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Katy Cooper said...

What a completely beautiful and wonderful list. So you, my dearest.

I hope 2007 exceeds your wildest dreams...

2:56 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks Katy,

I was feeling down on myself and the past year. To cheer me, I made a list of all the good things and realized it wasn't as bad as I thought. Especially not with friends like you.

I wish for all of us a perfectly wonderful 2007. A year to get back on track, back to those healthy habits. A year to take time for myself, for both my health and my creativity.

My next list will be indulgences for next year like Jenny's (on Argh Inc). Won't you join me?

Hugs,
Kim

5:08 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Happy New Year!!!!! I am most definitely thankful for you this past year, too! I am so glad we have become friends and I look forward to getting to know you even better over 2007. I still cannot believe this year is over!

Luvs
Char

4:50 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Me too Char,
Time sure flies! HNY to you, Jim, Bear and Miss Beautiful.

Hugs,
Kim

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home