Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Meme

Christmas Meme- Courtesy of Katy

Your Name: Kim

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love 'em both, but I'd have to say Egg Nog because you only get it once a year.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them. Sometimes he stuffs them in stockings. Sometimes they are under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White "chaser" lights on the tree. Chasers look all sparkly and shimmery when wrapped around and round the branches of a Noble Fir. White icicles on the house. Sometimes other colors in the windows, on lighted wreaths, etc. Depends on how creative we get. We have a buck and a doe and three trees (all white lights) which we make a little forest scene with on one side of the yard usually.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We usually don't do it the weekend after Thanksgiving. We aren't that organized. Usually it's the weekend after that which would be-- uh, today and tomorrow! Better get going!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Now? I'm not sure. As a child, my grandma made big Italian dinners. Lasagna! We pretty much had big Italian dinners for every holiday including Thanksgiving until I was older. No wonder mere turkey and stuffing won't ever be able to compare.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The whole family came to our house for Christmas morning/afternoon Breakfast (brunch really). We still do this now--well, sort of. We do it at my aunt's house, which is fine, but last year they decided we should do it on Christmas Eve, which is really not fine to me. I'm not big on change. Besides, my mom and I have always felt that Christmas Eve is not Christmas yet.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't really remember. I went along pretending for a few more years so my mom wouldn't feel bad.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a child I always opened a pair of new PJs. I guesss now that my family has decided to do Christmas Eve my answer is yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I love Noble Firs. We never had them when I was a kid. My Grandma always preferred Douglas Firs. We decorate our Noble with white chaser lights, glass icicles, white doves, silver angels, glass balls with silver on them. Basically all white and silver.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We don't ge it here. It looks pretty on TV, but I think it would really slow us down in the morning!

12. Can you ice skate? I could as a child. Never really got into roller blades. I'm great on old school roller skates. I probably could.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? New Breyer model horses. I collected them.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? My family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Homemade milk chocolate fudge that someone else makes. I always give Christmas cookies to neighbors and friends, but I never make fudge, so I appreciate it. I think I might make fudge myself this year for fun.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Our family's Christmas Brunch, baking cookies for all my friends and family, sending oodles of Christmas cards.

17. What tops your tree? I have a lighted star that we used to use. It's old now. It took me years to find the perfect angel, but since we usually get a small tree, she's almost always too big for it. Sometimes I make a top out of some large feathered dove ornaments.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh, so many... I like the Little Drummer Boy... We did killer versions of SIlent Night and Gloria in Excelsis Deo
in high school choir--wonderful 6 part harmony (I'm a contralto)...too many...

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum? They're ok.

Consider yourself tagged...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Okay, I did it too. I do like a meme.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home