Sunday, November 05, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 5 & Sunday Brunch


NaNoWriMo: No words today either, but a great day nonetheless!

We drove up to the mountains to visit my aunt and uncle. (She's my mom's younger sister.) They moved to the mountans a little over three years ago--a few months before those awful So. CA fires. They almost lost their house in those fires. A scary time for all of us. Her children are grown and she and my uncle are just really fun people to be around. We all almost felt guilty not inviting other family members, but the couples dynamic was just too fun to mess with.

When we got there she'd made plates of hors d'oevres-- more than the 4 of us (actually 8 or 10 people) could eat for a meal. Then they announced that they had a surprise for lunch--and we'd thought the hors d'oevres were lunch! They took us a little further through the mountains to the lake, a boardwalk area and to lunch at a nice place with all glass windows. Almost all the booths in the restaurant were made out of little boats--you could see the boat's names painted on the back. It was so cool. We had a great Sunday brunch with more food than any of us needed--especially after all the snacks she'd put out.

When we got back to the house they took out bags of peanuts and put them on the balcony railing to make the squirrels come down from the huge oak trees all around the house. The birds flocked to their bird feeders--they have them all around under the eves and hanging off the balcony. I could so live there with all the wildlife at the door.


Michele Fund Update: The Michele Fund Auction is all ready to go! Tomorrow at 10 AM Pacific time is when it all starts. Yeah! Better update and some pictures tomorrow.

Current Mood: Happy

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

What a wonderful day! I'm glad you had fun and took a break from nano. I'd love to live in the mountains someday. I can even picture the house I would build there. sigh.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Me too! My aunt's house is the coolest! I love it. I'm so glad they moved there because it makes them so happy.

I took a few pics of the sunset and the mountains out the car window; I'll have to post them. I should have taken a picture of her house. Alas, I only have a photo of her front door cuz its cute. :)

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home