Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Sweetest Day Wedding




My cousin Guy married his fiancee Sally yesterday and my family couldn't be more pleased. Guy and Sally have been dating for about 5 years and we love Sally and her 11 year old daughter Maddie to pieces.

It actually was a very spontaneous thing. A couple of weeks ago they decided that they were going to go down to the courthouse on Friday the 20th and perhaps have a very small potluck dinner that same evening. Well, the family didn't like that much because nearly all of us work on Friday and some of us had to travel a couple of hours and we all wanted to be there. So it went round and round and finally it was decided that the reception would be on Saturday the 21st. Then my aunt asked her pastor if he could perform a small wedding on Saturday instead. He said yes and it all fell into place.

For being such a spontaneous event, everything worked out very well. Sally's aunt has a lovely home (close to the church) and she decorated it in fall colors, Sally wore a beautiful beige lace gown, Guy's suit and tie were in earthtones as well and both Sally and Guy have red hair. (Color coordination at it's best!) I was even able to find a cake top that had both a redheaded bride (with long hair like Sally's) and groom that looked quite a bit like them. :) I used to be a cake decorator so I decorated a cake for them and I was really pleased that they enjoyed it so much. ALL my cousins, aunts and uncles who live in the area were able to make it. We all had a wonderful time and I am just so glad.

When I looked on the calendar the other day I saw that Saturday was Sweetest Day and after I spent Saturday with Guy, Sally and both our families, I think the name was very fitting indeed. Welcome to the family Sally and Maddie. May the life the three of you share as a family grow sweeter every year.
Love,
Kim

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Congratulations to Guy, Sally and Maddie! What a happy day. I love how it all came together for them, the stars were alligned and they have a wonderful story to share with people for years to come! Thanks for sharing it.et

4:30 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks Char,

I like happy endings and I figured my buds like them too. :) Will post a pic of the cake if I can find one that turned out. It was all white on white (since I didn't know what color the decorations or fowers would be), which is sometimes hard to get a clear photo of...

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home