Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sterf

Sterf is a silly way to say "stuff" that a friend of mine came up with. Actually, a group of us pretty much consider it a real word now. You can use it too if you like. I know she won't mind. :)


*~*~*
EVS~
I hate Reality Shows. Hate them, hate them, hate them. (Why do all the participants almost always have to live in one house? It's so annoying!) That being said, I did find one that held my interest this season. Rockstar Supernova. I watched nearly every show--well, I mostly watched it once a week, sometimes twice--I don't have the patience for the whole 2-nights-in-a-row deal. I'm proud to say that a couple of episodes in a pegged the guy that they picked (Lukas) because I thought he was young and annoying, but he had some talent--raw with potential. Later, after he'd showed versatility and a great stage personality I was almost positive they would choose him.

I didn't have an absolute favorite--they rotated. At first Storm was kind of annoying, but by the end, she was probably my favorite. I really liked Magney's personality and he was a talented singer and musician. Ryan was super-talented and I loved the piano performance he did. Toby was a funny guy--and later I realized he was talented too--not so much at first. (The whole EVS thing was really cute. "EVS" is Toby-speak for "whatever.") Patrice had a couple of great songs, but the rest was just so-so. I liked Dilana a lot until that whole interview-deal when she imploded. By the last show, though, she had me back and I was hoping they would choose her over Lukas--but I knew they wouldn't. Too much drama. Plus, were they ready for a female lead singer?

When Lukas performed with Supernova last night, though, it was really entertaining. Anyone could see that they were pleased with their choice. Gilby offering to help Dilana with her record was very cool too. I sort of got the feeling that she was his pick, but he was outvoted.


*~*~*
Lulu~
Lulu is doing really well. She is on stronger meds this week for her lung infection. She grows more affectionate every day. The rescue stopped calling when my husband sent them a well-worded e-mail telling them she was sick and had other health issues (we thought they should have divulged) and that we needed to get her well before getting dog #2. For a while there he'd changed his mind about getting a second dog. I was worried because Lulu really does like other dogs and I think she should have a friend. He's since changed his mind back, though, so we're on the same page. Get her well. Take our time choosing a friend for her. Not allow the rescue to pressure us. This is our 3 step plan.
*~*~*
On Writing~
I've decided to try to make my Fantasy novel into a Romance and see how that goes. I've been working on it (off and on) for like 4 years now and I think the change of genres might help. Michele my CP suggested this a while ago and I should have listened to her, but I wasn't ready to try that then. Maybe I am now. I think having a second protagonist and story-line might make the novel more well-rounded. It's really odd that I'm having such trouble finishing this story and maybe this is what it needs. Or not. I can always go back to Fantasy if that's what I need to do. We'll see.
I have not been writing a 1/2 hour per day every day as I said I would. I did do it twice this week so far, so that's something. I have to write this week's critique for my online writing workshop tonight so I won't be behind tomorrow when the next scene is posted. (Scenes are posted on Fridays.)
*~*~*
That's all for now. Anyone out there doing the goal-setting thing (*cough*Dee*cough*) how are you doing? Not that I'm naming names or anything. :)
Current mood: Full. We just had a potluck at work!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

You know, I don't like Reality T.V. either, I think because the phrase "Reality T.V." is a misnomer. I just can't get into watching people make complete fools of themselves for the sake of a payout.

I'm glad you are getting some writing done. I hope changing it to a Romance will work for you. I will be a Romantic Fantasy, yes? I can't wait to read it. I'm facing some challenges in the WIP department myself, I'm thinking I have to make some major plot changes and the task seems daunting.

I'm glad LuLu is doing well, I'm sorry she needs more medicing though. I'm also glad the resue people are off your backs. You don't need that!

Glad to see you blogged again! My goodness, I've written enough sterf for a short novel!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Hey there!

As you know, I'm a reality show junkie. At least I think you know that? Big Brother is our favorite. Go Will! :) But I also loved Super Nova. I thought it was a hard choice. Delana has a GREAT, raspy, rocker voice. I thought she was really pretty, too.

I also thought Toby was adorable, and sang well.

But my favorite was probably Lukas. I LOVED the way he performed. He was so intense!

And speaking of great rock, I found the most amazing Christian rock station here. Nikki (the music guru) even loves it. My FAVORITE new band is Red, and the song that I LOVE is Breath Into Me. You can check it out on their site, I think it's Redmusic.com, if not, I'll get it for you. You can hear the entire song for free!

I'm so happy that LuLu is doing better, Kim. I canNOT wait to meet her! She's beautiful.

And also glad that you're writing! We NEED to partner up and get this show on the road!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

OOPS...it's Redmusiconline.com. Let me know if you like Breathe Into Me!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hi Charity and Michele,

Charity, I hear you. "Reality" is not the word. Like reading, I watch TV for 2 reasons, to escape or to be informed. C-SPAN, CNN, PBS (and other educational channels) take care of informing me and a good drama or a well-written sitcom is good for escape. I honestly have zero competative spirit, which is why I don't watch sports or care who "wins" these reality shows.

I guess I liked Rockstar because they played music I like and because it really wasn't a cometition. The winner was the person that the band felt worked best with them. No matter what I thought of the performers--who I felt was a winner--didn't matter. Each time a person performed, s/he was competing against him or herself.

Michele, I know you're a reality show junkie. LOL! You and I duscussed the Boxer--which was pretty good--before and I know how you love American Idol, which doesn't hold my interest. Big Bother seems very Jersey with all the 'tudes--which You know I'm not--so I can see you liking it.

I HATE what they are doing with Survivor (and no, I don't watch it) this season. Can you say, RACISM? Anyway, enough of that.

Thank you both for your good wishes with Lulu. She is such a sweet girl and we are so happy with her.

Yes, Michele you need to get writing with me! When are you going to send me something? :)

Yes, Charity, it will be a romantic fantasy or paranormal romance or whatever. (Perhaps a paranormal romantic suspense?)

Yes, major plot changes do seem daunting to me too. I know Michele feels the same way. I'm really bad with this story because it's been in my head so long. If it would have been something newer, I think changes would be easier. You've been working on your WIP a while too, right?

Michele, I'm glad you found a radio station out where you live now. I'll have to check out the site/song when I get home. I'm blogging here at work on my lunch break while I stuff Lean Cuisine pizza in my mouth. No speakers here at work.

Hugs ladies!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home