Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Quick update

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. We have been busy getting Lulu settled in her new home. It is a new and interesting experience having a rescue dog and so rewarding. She is an adult (mostly--as a large breed dog 1 year old is still a bit of a pup) and she's had life experiences we don't know about. She's been through a roller coaster the last two months since she was picked up by the shelter on July 13th and who knows what else happened to her before that? Poor Lulu!

Anyway, in spite of all that, Lulu is fitting into our family like she was always there. Like she was a missing puzzle piece. She's lost most of her initial shyness and all of her anxiety. She needs to be told "no" a couple of times a day when she takes a shoe or a towel, but she listens and is learning quickly. I don't think she's had any training as far as sit, stay, etc but she is housebroken and hasn't had an accident yet. This is so great.

We contacted Tyson's foster parents and we are going to arrange a meeting soon. Lulu has really come out of her shell and though she (like Tyson) is mellow most of the time, she does like to play and we think she would benefit from having a friend.

That's all for this lunch break. I will post another better update and perhaps some pics tonight or tomorrow.

Current mood: pretty decent

4 Comments:

Blogger Katy Cooper said...

I'm so happy that you, John and Lulu have found each other--I just have the best vibe about this whole thing. Give her a kiss from me...

5:57 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

I was so glad to see a new post! I'm glad that Lulu is fitting right in and that things are going great. I am so happy for you guys!!!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
Glad to see things are going well with Lulu. It's always nice to see a new family working the way you hope they will.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Katy, Charity and Caryle,

Thanks you guys! The support I've received from all my friends the last 3 weeks has really helped me. I just can't tell you how much. What a roller coaster August has been.

You're the best,
Kim

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home