Thursday, September 07, 2006

All Lulu, all the time





Since we adopted our Lulu, our lives have become all Lulu, all the time. And this is a good thing. Before Lulu, our lives were all about Niki, so we're used to it. Craved it really. I don't think I could ever consider my life complete without a dog or two (or three).

Last Saturday we took her to the vet and found out that she had a lung infection. You could actually see the hazy film all over the x-ray. No wonder she huffed and puffed when we took her for walks! We also found out she has a heart murmur. My poor baby!

The Rescue keeps calling and trying to get us to adopt a second dog, but we need to hold off. Lulu's health and well-being are far more important than "her need to be with other dogs" as they keep saying. She plays with the dog next door and she meets other dogs on walks. She's not lonely. I only hope they don't try to take her from us because it's starting to feel that way. Every time my phone rings I cringe. I love my Lulu and I'm not giving her up. Look at these pix people. Seriously, what's not to love?

Current mood: Resolute

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well good grief, the shelter folks need to take it easy. I personally think it would be silly to bring another dog home right now if Lulu is sick. You certainly wouldn't want to unintentionally give another puppy whatever lung thing she has. It's called "time to adjust". You can adopt another baby when all three of you are ready.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

I couldn't agree more! Abner and I both appreciate your kind words.

Rutherford says hi to Chloe!

Kim:)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Well, those people are just out of their minds if they think that if you don't adopt another dog that you shouldn't have Lulu! Look at that picture there with your DH. Lulu is a woman in love! You can see from that picture how happy she is and how much she loves you guys!!!

I hope Lulu gets better fast! Poor baby, Lulu!!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Katy Cooper said...

Hugs to all of you--Lulu on her physical ailments (because she doesn't look like she has any other--she looks like queen of the universe and proud splasher in a tub of love), and you and Abner on your (unnecessary) stress!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks Charity and Katy,

She is happy with us now and it's so nice to really see it now.

Tonight I just looked over at her and my heart blossomed with such love. It's amazing how much they bring to your life, these fuzzy creatures.

10:58 PM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Lulu looks terrific - isn't it amazing how tough they are? I seem to recall heart murmurs being fairly common with bulldogs, but could be hallucinating. In any case, she's found her forever home and will be fine now. Hugs to you all!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hugs back, Kari!

Lulu's on a third week of meds. The doc said that what she really has is pneumonia and so it take a while to recover from that. She most likely got it from the shelter. It's so sad because she still doesn't want to go for walks and it's because she's having trouble breathing, but the x-rays show she's getting better and her temp is normal now, so she'll get there.

yes, she found her forever home. We love her so much!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home