Sunday, September 24, 2006

Excited

I'm really jazzed. Here's where I'm going on Tuesday! Ok, not as exciting for those of you who aren't into politics or women's issues, but to me it's major. My boss can't go so she gave her ticket to me. 7 other people from my job will be there as well. I remember how she she faithfully called and called and called the day the tickets went on sale. I feel bad that she can't go when she's the one who did all the work to get them in the first place. I'm glad she picked me, though. :)

I just started to check out the lineup of speakers and I'm floored. Even the Dalai Lama will be there!

*~*~*
Also, I'm going here on Saturday! Groovy, huh? Since I'm having tons of trouble plotting the WIP, this should give me a whole new way to look at it.
Current mood: happy

5 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

VERY GROOVY, ON BOTH! I'm jealous, and wish I could go! There are a lot of great speakers, although we probably disagree on which ones! lol

And the writers workshop sounds wonderful!

LUUCKY! (channeling Napolean Dynamite!)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Oh it sounds like you are going to be having SO much fun!!!! You'll have to tell us all about it!!

Have Fun

7:43 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

ALL the speakers were wonderful. Only one was just so-so. The workshops were actually so packed that we didn't get into any of them. There were 7 tracks, twice in the day (which means that I could have attended two) all the other speakers were during breakfast and lunch, so I still saw a ton of them.

I can't even pick a favorite: Anna Quindlin, Tim Russert, Sarah Ferguson (AKA Fergie, Dutchess of York) and Suze Orman were wonderful. Maria was great of course. Arnold didn't speak long and he honestly was not a polished speaker at all, but what he said about women was nice. After the whole "Grope-inator" deal I don't know if he was sincere, but it sounded good. Arnold and Maria's two daughters were very pretty and well spoken--they were only up on stage for a couple of minuetes--and their parents had every right to be proud. I was proud for them.

Kim

10:09 PM  
Blogger meesh said...

Wow, that sounds like it was an amazing experience. I hope you're going to blog about the whole day (hint, hint) :)

I'm going to have to keep that one in mind for next year. There was also a women bloggers conference in San Jose a few months ago that I was sad I missed. I gotta get out more!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hey Meesh,

Thanks for stopping by. I just adore your blog and I wish I had the time for long, thoughtful posts on such important issues. Some day.

I will blog on the conference. The speakers were wonderful and it was very well planned (except for the sixe of the conference rooms)

Kim

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home