Sunday, January 14, 2007

White Light Request

I've been away a while because Atticus has been very sick. (The photo above shows just how happy and healthy he was, visiting with our friend in mid December) It all started with a spider bite that needed to be drained and a little bump on his hip and it all mushroomed from there. Once the vet tried to drain the bite, she found a seroma underneath it. She was in surgery three hours. That was Monday night. We picked him up on Tuesday and he's had to be separated from Lulu ever since. He has on the big plastic E-collar, plus he has stitches on his chest and hip.

As if the poor sweet angel--because that's what he is, in pain or not, just an angel who wants to be your friend--hadn't been through enough now there's something more. Everything is adding up and everything looks bad. The lump on his hip was removed and it was cancer, but the vet thought she got a good margin around it. But when we took him to the vet yesterday (Saturday AM), as he was getting out of the car we noticed a scrape on his (other) hip. It was a small section where the skin was literally peeled away. We never saw it happen. He never cried. He didn't have it Fri when he went to the vet and he'd been under our observation since we'd gotten home from the vet Fri night.

The area of his hip was kind of swollen too. She said it would need a couple of staples because it was down to the muscle. She ended up shaving the area and what she found underneath was awful. It's like one bloody bruise under there. His skin is paper thin. She thinks it's a blood coagulation problem or something--so, more tests. Things do not look good for our boy. The thing that may have caused the seroma may be this blood disorder. We just do not know what to do. The costs just keep adding up. We've spent $1,200 we don't have this week alone. I'm at my wits end. I want to save him if a good life is possible, but I just don't have any more money to spare. And the vet has been giving us deep discounts on everything she does, but it's still breaking us. I wanted to do a good thing by giving this sweet angel a normal life, but this is not a normal life. I am beside myself with worry.

Please pray for our Atticus. Please send white light, good vibes and anything else you've got our way. We need a miracle, pure and simple. There's nothing left any more.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey! I'm so sorry to hear about this! You have tons of white light heading your direction from Chloe and me. Big hugs, as well.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Kiss Chloe for us and thank you both. I know you know all about this kind of thing.

Hugs

5:43 PM  
Blogger V/P/A/A said...

Parker and I will be thinking healing thoughts for your doggie. Hope to see you soon. Great Blog!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Katy Cooper said...

{{{{{{{{{{{Kim}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{Atticus}}}}}}}}}

If I were a pup who'd had a hard life, I can't imagine anyone else I'd rather spend the happy end of it with. Here's hoping and praying for a long, healthy end of his life and not a short one...

8:47 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

(((((((((Kim)))))))) I am praying so very hard. You are so wonderful, and I'm vibing that things get better and really fast!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks everyone. We're getting ready to visit the vet right now. Will hopefully post an update later tonight. I'm so emotional about this. I had to call in sick today.

Hugs

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home