Monday, July 17, 2006

Birthday Update

So we went to see The Devil Wears Prada yesterday and unlike my pal Brooke we all really enjoyed it. I will admit that I didn't read the book first and I'm not sure if Brooke has. I thought it was interesting that Brooke and C. thought that Andi was whiney, while Abner and I thought her boyfriend was. I also really enjoyed Meryl Streep's character. I didn't go into the movie with any great expectations, though, just to laugh. Like Andi, I don't take the fashion industry seriously, so I related to what her character went through. I recommed the movie. A couple of lines (paraphrasing here) I really liked were:

"I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight." (I related to this one)
"Size 6 is the new 14." (I was horrified by this one )

On dinner, as predicted I did order Combo One. It was delicious and I still have half of it left over for tonight's dinner so I don't have to cook, which makes me happy. I have an appt tonight and won't get home till 6, and I hate eating too late.

My Mom gave me a lovely day planner with cherries on it + Nora Roberts's newest release and baked me a small cake. She also gave me an IOU for a gift of my choice when we go out shopping. She knows I have my eye on a professional ceramic flat iron my friend can get for me (she owns a beauty supply) on the cheep. The hubby ordered me a pair of fabulous stilettos I've had my eye on. A co-worker broought me a huge bouquet of flowers today.

I did pretty well all in all.

Current mood: ready for cake (Yes. That's a mood.) As soon as I punch back in from lunch, we're gonna eat it. Gotta go!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny, since I've lost weight I've been going through the dresses in the closet that haven't fit for, uh, years.

And I found several size 8 dresses, they don't fit yet but some of the 10/12 stuff does.

The funny part is I don't ever remember feeling skinny and fabulous in these size eight dresses and yet, I suspect I looked pretty decent.

I vow this time to absolutely enjoy every second of my hard-won skinnier body.

Corrina

8:43 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Oh yes, hon. You should enjoy every minute of it. You've worked reallyhard for this and you deserve it.

Remember, I want pictures of you in Atlanta! I know you'll look fabulous. ;)

8:56 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Man, WCS. I can totally relate. I have a closet full of clothes that are starting to fit again. I remember thinking (back then) that I could stand to lose a few pounds. Now I look at them and wonder what I was thinking!

I'm sure you look fabulous, Corrina~!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home