Monday, January 07, 2008

Goal Setting Vs. Resolutions

My friend Pat has a brand new blog. In her first post, she tells us why she sets New Year's Goals rather than making Resolutions:
**************

"Here we are 5 days into the New Year already, and I haven't made any resolutions, nor do I intend to. What I am doing is setting goals. What's the difference? In a way it's just semantics, but playing the semantics game works for me. Ignoring the dictionary definitions, for me a resolution is just a determination to do something, with no plan of action. And we all know what happens to most resolutions. You break them once, and soon they're forgotten. A goal, on the other hand, is all about a plan, about thinking about the baby steps that lead to actually attaining the goal."

Read the rest of her post HERE.

**************

I like Pat's take on this. Resolutions are hard to keep and can be defeating when you fail. I think I'm going to follow Pat's lead and set goals this year too. Last year I did New Year's Indulgences: HERE I didn't follow through with any of them (I did lose the weight, but I began dieting AFTER the wedding), but I still like the idea of indulgences, so I'll come up with a few of those as well.

Do any of you out there in Blogger Land want to join me in setting goals, making resolutions or coming up with some indulgences for 2008? I'm giving myself this week to get them together since my life's still winding down from being holiday-hectic.

Goal #1- post them this weekend. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home