Sunday, December 30, 2007

On Profile Blurbs & Resolutions

I guess it's time to rethink my profile blurb:

2007 is a brand new year, ripe with possibilities. It's my year to get healthy, organized and nourish my creative side once more. I will give myself time and permission to write on a regular basis. I can't call myself a writer if I'm not writing. And so I will. Look out world; here I come!

I wrote that last January, filled with hope for the new year. I shouldn't feel bad about 2007 since I accomplished some of what I'd hoped to. On the "It's my year to get healthy" front, I've lost over 26 pounds. As for the "nourish my creative side" part, I attended a wonderful private writing conference (which ended up being pretty expensive) because I decided I was worth it, as well as joined a new critique group.

Finally, the "I can't call myself a writer if I'm not writing" section... That part's more complicated. I succeeded in finally getting it through my head that I have permission to write every day, but the actual writing is the tough part. I had to put my healer story on the back burner because the plot was going nowhere. I started a witch story, but I can't seem to get my voice right. I have been writing, but not as regularly as I should. December was so busy, I didn't write a single word! That can't happen again next year. I won't allow it.

All in all, I'm pleased with the strides I've made in 2007, I just need to kick it up a notch. I need to renew my goal to write every day, even if it's only for a half hour. I'd like to write for two hours, but most days I don't have that kind of time. Once I have a half hour down, I'll up it to a full hour. I should be able to manage that.

I'm off to mull over my new profile blurb and my New Year's Resolutions. Have you been thinking about yours?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home