Sunday, December 02, 2007

Waiting on Critiques

Friday, it was my turn to post a scene in an online writing workshop. The writer is not allowed to make any comments regarding the critiques for the first week. (Basically, week one is for critiques, and week two is for chatting about the critiques.) So far, two members out of a possible 24 have written crits. I expect to get at least a dozen or more. (We have two scenes per month, but only have to critique one of them, though most of us try to do them all.)

I'm really open to, and interested in, anything people have to say. While the scene I posted is something I've worked hard on, it just doesn't feel right to me. I don't mind writing a really awful first draft, but the first chapter needs to feel right in order to go on and write that first draft all the way through to the end. The first chapter will change once I rewrite the manuscript, of course, but getting that feel of the protagonist's voice (and mine for each particular work) is essential.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the various critiques and opinions and hoping to take a little bit from each one so I can improve my chapter and, in turn, the focus of my entire manuscript.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home