Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December Already?

I simply cannot believe it's December, let alone December 12 already! I have 45 people on my list (a couple of those people I buy multiple gifts) and I've only crossed off 7 of them. I usually send 90 to 100 cards and I've yet to write one. I always bake 8 to 10 recipes of cookies, candies and breads for at least 10 different families and I've yet to take out my recipe card file. And I don't even want to think about the 8 gifts I usually send to our various off-site locations at work. Last year I baked each of them a nice-sized tin of fudge. This year they'll be lucky to get a storebought tin of butter cookies!

I am in serious trouble this year!

It's going to kill me monetarily, but I'm going to have to resort to the gift card solution for most of my list. Finding bargains all year round is so much cheaper, but I just didn't seem to see any this year. As for the cards? I may just snap a family photo, have photo cards made and send them without including handwritten letters--a first. I feel guilty that I'm even considering not baking this year, but what's a girl to do? If I make all one thing, it'll be faster. Perhaps some nice cranberry-orange bread loaves wrapped up with foil and a bow will have to do. It'll be a refreshing change from my usual assorted holiday platters. And store-bought tins of cookies it'll have to be for work, cuz there's no time to make all that fudge. ::sigh::

How are you doing this year? Ahead? Behind? Do you have any holiday tricks for getting everything done? I'm all ears.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home