Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Three Cheers for Robin and Theo!


I'm so excited for my friend Robin! She's just released her sixth children's book, but her first with Houghton Mifflin. They love her new Book, Theodisia Throckmorten and the Serpents of Chaos so much, they are throwing her a Book Launch Party tomorrow night. It matters little to me that it's a work night, that I always get lost in LA County and that I have no clue where I'm going, I simply MUST be there to cheer her on!

Robin's had the idea for this book for quite some time, but it took a while for her to sell it. All of us who'd read excerpts knew it was pure gold, but sometimes it takes publishers a little longer to figure out what the rest of us already know. Three cheers for Houghton Mifflin for buying this incredible book! Three cheers for RL LaFevers for giving children such wonderful books to read! And three cheers for Theo, for being such a great role model for girls!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

I am GREEN with envy that you got to be there. Robin is amazing, and I love her books, at least as much as my kids do. I can't wait to meet Theo!!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good for her :) Whats it about?

6:05 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Dee- Cool, huh? Robin adn I live a good 3 to 4 hours apart (as always, depending on the So CA traffic) but the Launch Party was in the middle, so it all worked out. Even on a worknight. :)

Mel- Oh, it's a wonderful book. Did you check out the links in my post? It's the story of a little girl in the early 1900's whose partents are workaholic curators at an English museum. (The family practically lives there.) Theo, and only Theo, can see that many of the Egyptian artifacts that Mom brngs back from the digs are cursed. When a cursed item is stolen, it's up to Theo, her little brother and a pickpocket orphan to save the day!

The book itself is beautiful--a map on the inside cover, wonderful illustrations, just a class act--and the story is even better. A wonderful gift for a little girl in your life, but a great read for adults too.

Kim:)

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home