Thursday, March 08, 2007

Whine!

I have some great characters with interesting backgrounds and a few ideas of what will happen in the WIP. Very few ideas. One or two ideas. Why, oh why is plotting so hard? I used to just sit down and write and the plotting would take care of itself. Lately the characters are just not cooperating.

I had 4 hours to myself tonight and all I did was type out answers to questions two of my friends wrote to help me with my plot. And bless them for doing it. They actually did help me, but I'm still confused. "Boy meets girl. Boy loses girl. Boy gets girl." Sounds so easy, doesn't it?

The next person who calls romance novels formulaic to my face is getting an earful from me. Where are these formulas and where can Adam, Cricket and I get one? We only need one of them to get this book written.

End whine. Thanks for listening.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Grendel said...

Chuckle. Not at you, but with you. I more than famaliar with the problem. Sadly, I don't have any great solution to it either. However, I think it was Chandler (could be Carver) who said "When it doubt, have to guys come throught the door with guns." :)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

LOL! Two guys coming through the doors with guns would be something very different than I typically write! Well, not the fantasy. The fantasy had action and guns and such, but it's my only ms that does.

Thanks for understanding Grendel. :)

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home