Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Rest In Peace Uncle Al


America lost one of her true heroes last week, my husband's Uncle Al. He was a man of few words and varied interests. He never married or had children, but he encouraged my husband (and his siblings) to always work hard to achieve their goals. He was buried in the Military section of the cemetery called Hill of Valor and the Marines were there to fold and present his flag and play Taps, which was fitting.
The thing that I will always remember about Uncle Al was that he always had a dance partner at every wedding--someone new to teach. You see, besides being a Marine, Uncle Al was a police officer, a forest ranger and a professional dancer. He could never resist teaching a new student those great dances that none of us know any more: the tango, fox trot, waltzes, you name it. He knew and excelled at them all, as his full trophy case will attest to.
Rest in Peace Uncle Al
June 13, 1932- February 5, 2007
Thank you for your sacrifices for our country and thank you for what you taught my husband, your nephew. God Bless.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Grendel said...

My condolences for your and your husbands loss.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thank you Grendel. He will be missed.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

I've missed this post, and I'm sorry. I'm sending you both, and his family, my sympathies. Uncle Al sounds like he was an outstanding man, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks so much Char. He was a wonderful man.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home