Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #1

I don't think I posted the link right, but here goes... My first Thursday Thirteen.

Thirteen things I want to do before I die:

1) Go the the Kentucky Derby- I've wanted to do this since I was a kid. I can't wait to plan my trip to the Run for the Roses. I'll find the perfect hat, head to Churchill Downs and sip a mint julep out of a collectible pewter cup. Yeah!

2) Go to Ireland- My father's father came to the US from Galway as a teenager. Someday I must see the Emerald Isle for myself. I want to see all of it, including all the places I've read about in Nora's novels.

3) Go to Sicily- My Grandparents on my mother's side came from Sicily. While I have been Rome and Florence (my favorite city on earth!) I've yet to see the birthplace of my ancestors.

4) Finish my fantasy novel- Ok, so this one's obviously much more in my grasp right now than the others. It just feels monumental because I dabbled with it for so long and then put it aside. I will finish it, though. It calls to me all the time.

5) See the Pyramids in Egypt- Pretty much a no-brainer. Doesn't everyone want to? Edit: I'd like to see the Pyramids in Mexico and South America too. Yes, I'm greedy.

6) Take a road trip from the Pacific to the Atlantic- Just cause it sounds fun.

7) Take a three six (greedy again) month sabbatical and gorge myself on reading and writing- Why not?

8) Learn to speak Spanish - My accent is perfect and I know a million nouns, I just have to force myself to speak up (instead of just listening and figuring out what others are saying) and stop worrying about sounding stupid.

9) Visit New York and see Saturday Night Live- I've loved the show since I was a kid. I've always wanted to see SNL live.

10) Attend a Democratic National Convention- It would be so cool to be a delegate. Somebody pick me! How do I get on the list?

11) Visit Chincoteague Island- Ever since I was a kid and read those Misty books by Marguerite Henry, I've wanted to visit the islands off the coast of Virginia.

12) Visit New Orleans- I'm really sad I never saw the city pre-Katrina in all her spender. I'd still like to go there, though. There's just something about it.

13) Spend the holidays somewhere it snows- A couple of weeks on the east coast or the Midwest would be fun. I have both family and friends on the east coast and friends in the Midwest. Either would work. I'd want to spend the time with others or it wouldn't seem like a holiday to me.

Get your Thursday 13 code here

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks Caryle!

Told you I'd do it one of these days. :) I don't think I did it right though. I think you have to register at the TT site early?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

"Opening up comments have closed for participants of Thursday Thirteen Edition #77 for Thursday, January 25, 2007."

Ahh, I id see that. But I thought that closed meant it was too late to get listed on the site. I shoulda nosed around a bit.

Thanks! :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved this list! What a great idea...I've got a feeling I'm really late to the party, though. Is there an "official" site where people post on this topic every Thursday? No matter, really; I enjoyed reading yours very much.

8:31 AM  
Blogger dee said...

6,8,10-13 - Done for me. But for the others, you've got a great list. You know, we were actually just talking about heading to Ireland, just this very morning. We have a very Irish heritage, and our kids names reflect that (well, some of them, like Michael, and Maggie Shea).
I'm not so big on the races, but I went to the Preakness once. It was fun, but not something I'd do every year.
Sicily sounds cool. But you know my favorite, like yours, is always gonna be Florence.
I'm heading to NO in a few weeks. Wanna join me?
And "Misty"? Gosh, I LOVED those books. It was great to see that place, and I want to take my kids there for the actual pony swim, but it's very commercialized now. Still though...
And really loved the Thursday 13 thing. Gonne have to look into this one myself.
Thanks!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

WOw! I didn't even see that Melodye and Dee posted comments here!

Mel-if you're still here--there is a site. I posted the link. Next time I do it (I missed this week's) I'll post it again.

Dee- Yes, my heart belongs to Firenze. :) Ireland would be great. Just this week my dad told me that my Grandpa left behind 10 brothers and one sister. I have tons of family there I'm dying to hook up with. :)

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home