Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Congratulations Honey!


I mentioned in a previous post that my husband recently earned his Bachelor's Degree from California Coast University. It's a private college where students work online and everyone completes their degrees at different times--ergo, no large formal graduation ceremonies. They do, however, give private ceremonies for those who request them. The hubby isn't the type to request such a thing, but we insisted. Hey, we live within driving distance. Why not? This is HUGE right? And doesn't he look handsome too! His mother couldn't be there, but his father was proud enough for both of them. My mom was there as well. And me. I always knew he could do it! Once he puts his mind to something, it's as good as done.
Congratulations again, honey. I am so inspired by you.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Grendel said...

Congrats to your husband! :)

Use to be, I couldn't even spell graduate. Now I are one. :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations to him!

It was absolutely a great idea to throw him a celebration. Achievements ought to be celebrated. :)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

That's WONDERFUL! CONGRATS to the GRAD! He looks so happy, that smile on his face is priceless!

Way To Go!!!!

Charity who is signed in under the book blog and too lazy to change it right now

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your hubbie! Graduation is a big deal, and it's nice to see how proud you are of his achievement. :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Katy Cooper said...

Yay!! yay for both of you, all of you.

Yay, yay, yay, yay!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks Grendel, Darla, Charity, Caryle and Katy. I'm going to show him all your nice comments.

I am so proud of him for following through. It's so much harder to go to school as a full time employee, homeowner and all the stuff that goes along with being an adult. :) He's been very dedicated to his studies. He's almost completed the first class of his Master's program.

8:18 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Good for him. And may I also say Congrats to you? As the wife of a full time student, I know how tough being the spouse can be sometimes. While I know how hard it is for him to balance school and work and being a dad and still have 30 seconds each day for himself, it's almost as hard to try to coordinate our lives around his very demanding schedule. But very very worth it. I can hardly wait until I get to do the same sort of post for my man.
WAY TO GO to both of you!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Go you, Dee! Yes, it is hard. I find myself doing everything around here and there's no time to write. It's hard because he's working like gangbusters. It's only been a month and he's already finishing up his first class for his master's degree.

I look forward to the day when you can announce your hubby's good news.

Hugs,
Kim

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home