Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lunch

Michele and I had a fantabulous lunch. It lasted our usual 4 hours. I don't know why that is. We'll gab and gab and then order and gab. And then eat and gab. And then maybe share dessert and gab. Finally one of us will say, "What time is it, anyway?" and it's always about 4 hours. Amazing!

We tried to figure out how long it's been since we've seen each other in person and we think maybe for my birthday in July. Wow! I still can't believe it. We're never going that long between meeting up again!

The lunch place we picked ended up being exactly in the middle, which is great. There are a ton of restaurants in the area, so we can meet there regularly and never get bored with the menu. :)

Michele looks great and it was just so nice to see her in person. She has lots of hair now! Did I mention how good it was to see her in person? Oh yeah. :)

We also decided that we are going to check in with each other every single day with writing updates. In order to make sure we work on our WIPs every day, we set ridiculously the small goal of 15 minutes per day for each of us. We are going to e-mail each other every day, whether we meet our goal or not. We also discussed Katy's motivator--gold stars on a calendar every day we meet our goal, which we both agreed was a good idea. Perhaps I'll go pick up some tomorrow.

I better go now. I must put in my 15 minutes before bed so I can check in with Michele.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Hope you gave her a hug from me, too. I haven't been checking in on my blogs lately, so I missed that you two were gonna be getting together! It sounds like you had a great time, and I'm so happy for both of you!

Luvs

7:54 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

We did have a wonderful time. We even talked about you. Well, truth be told, we talked about Bear and his dyslexia and his hideous teacher who wrote "study!" on his paper. I told Michele I was getting all worked up just talking about it with her. She totally agreed that his teacher was a horrible person to do that to a child.

What ended up happening with his test results?

Hugs,
Kim

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home