Thursday, July 20, 2006

Yet another birthday update

I forgot to mention that J (my fabulous work officemate) bought me some wonderful gifts for my birthday. This girl really listens when I talk.

At RWA National in Reno last year, Michele and I each dropped a buck in a slot machine. I won $10 and spent it all on some rocks for my WIP. (My Protagonist is a Healer. They were more for her than me.) So I have this collection of beautiful rocks and I've been looking for a bowl to put them in. J remembered this. She found me a pewter bowl with these curly decorative feet at a local antique store. When I opened it she said, "It's for your rocks." at the same time I said, "It's for my rocks." which really was the coolest thing ever. :) They look so pretty in the bowl with it's lovely patina, and there's even room for more rocks. I can't wait to get some more!

She also bought me two tea cups and saucers. But not just any teacups and saucers--oh no--these are made of ruby red glass. And they're square! I just love square plates and dishes and things and she remembered that. Even the dainty little tea cups are sort of squared off. I love them!

Current mood: Pleased. There is really nothing sweeter than someone putting so much thought into a gift. Awww...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home