Friday, July 21, 2006

Eagle Eyes

I had Laser eye surgery (custom Lasik with intralase) in January and today was my 6 month check up. The miracles of modern medicine. In January my vision was 20/450 in one eye and 20/475 in the other. Today my eyes are 20/15!

My husband had Lasik 5 years ago--or is it 6 next month?-- and they have made many improvements since then. His vision is perfect and he's never had a problem and I seem to be just as fortunate.

I got glasses when I was 9 and contacts when I was 12 (the doctor wanted me to get contacts at 9, but I was afraid) and my eyes were just so tired of having hard or RGP contacts jammed into them every morning. So, let's hear it for
Dr. Tooma and the wonderful staff at TLC Newport Beach who I can't recommend highly enough! The TLC group of surgeons (all over the US and Canada) offer a LIFETIME guarantee, which as far as I know, is unequaled anywhere else. If you've ever wondered about Lasik, check out your local TLC office. Consultations are free.

Current mood: happy and clear-eyed :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

Thanks for this one. I've been thinking about LASIK a lot lately, but am still a bit nervous. Mind telling how much it cost?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

HI Dee,

I'll e-mail you all the dirt. If you;re considering Lasik, it's important to do tons of research and be safe. TLC doctors are probably some of the most expensive dr's out there, but I look at it this way. These are your eyes we're talking about, not a haircut. You know?

More off-Blog!

Kim:)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home