Monday, August 04, 2008

National Pix

What was I thinking? A small purse seemed like a good idea when I was packing, but it meant that I often left my camera in our hotel room. I came home with 12 photos. Twelve! And only a handful of them are any good. Oh well. Everyone else was taking pictures, and I'm sure they will share. :) Here are my favorites. You can click on any of them for a larger view. :)

Here's an adorable photo of Katy, Michele, and Robin (the fantastic children's author, R.L. LaFevers) Thursday night. Seriously. Have you seen three more beautiful smiles, all in one place? My girls are radiant!


Here's a nice photo of our dinner group Friday night. Sorry Kathy. L to R: the fabulously talented author Christine Merrill (yes! She brought cheese curds!), PASIC finalist Corrina Lavitt (who brought booze), Kathy (behind Cory), Jill (who brought me a birthday present!), Pat (in back. A talented jewelry maker and writer), Michele (my CP), Tenaya (a new cherry friend) & me.


Jill & Michele who played tourist all week while we went to workshops. Check out the tattooed "sleeves" on Jill's shirt. She turned many heads at Fisherman's Wharf that day:


Saturday night: PASIC finalist, the wonderful author Katy Cooper in a fabulous dress, befitting one of her fantasy heroines:


More Rita night pix: Tenaya and Michele in black:


The back of Michele's gown had the prettiest details:


Katy & me at the "after party" in our room, which was party central this year:


I had an amazing time in San Francisco. I wish I could have stayed a couple more days, but I was happy to get home to my little family.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

Thanks for posting pics of the Cherries. I can't wait to meet up with everyone in DC next year.

Loved Jill's tattoo shirt! Katy always has the best gowns -- elegant and gorgeous. You looked red carpet ready.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Oh Man, I wish I could have been there! Thanks for the pics! All the Cherries are so PRETTY!

You and Michele look FABULOUS! dee, gorgeous as ever! I have an invite for babysitting of the kids next year if I can make it to the next conference (I'm praying that I can!).

I'm glad you guys had so much fun, can't wait to meet ya'll in person!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I'd had more time to chat with you, Kim. BTW, I forgot to tell you at the dinner ... you look so tiny!! Go you on your weight loss efforts, definitely a success.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Jude,
You are a goddess! Thanks for doing Blogging National again this year. We must meet in person v soon!

Char,
You betcha. A prettier and nicer group of women can't be found--I'm sure of it. :) Hope to see you in DC. I told Michele I couldn't make it, but she told me not to say that. It's too soon. :) We'll see.

Vaishali,
WIsh we could have talked more too. I got stuck in the corner and I don't mingle well since I'm so shy. I just stay stuck. Next time for sure.

Hugs to all,
Kim

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home