Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting Ready

I'm getting ready for RWA National in San Francisco. Yup! Michele and I are traveling together for the second time, and are rooming with Chris and Cory for the second time as well. Chris, Cory, Betsy and I did the roomie thing at the Crusie Con last October too, so we really do have this four-ladies-in-a-room routine down pat. It's honestly not as crowded or hectic as it sounds. You just have to be good friends who are easygoing and flexible. Having a great sense of humor is a plus. While the Cory, Michele and I do have that, Chris has enough for all four of us. Chris also feeds us Wisconsin Cheese curds, kringles, and knows the importance of Diet Coke. We love Chris! Cory sometimes brings baked goods but always brings booze. We love Cory too! :)

I went clothes shopping this weekend and bought some new jeans and tops. I couldn't believe the bargains I got at Ross. I love Ross. Michele also hit Ross, Marshall's and Suzie's Deals and did just as good as I did. Seriously, why does anyone pay full price for anything? We got half price lunches, dinners and treats. Coupons, coupons, coupons. How much do I love thee?

I can't wait for Wed morning. True, the alarm is going to be ringing at an ungodly hour, and the bus ride is going to be way too long, but when I get to spend 10 hours talking with my best friend, and I'm meeting up with a bunch more of my closest friends when I arrive, and we get to spend most of our time talking about writing, I can't think of a better way to celebrate my 40th birthday. Yay for friendship! Yay for writing! Yay for hubbies who tell you to go to San Francisco!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I sure did. Not as good as next weekend will be, but not bad at all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday, Kim!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days.
Vaishali

8:17 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hey little mama!

Can't wait to see you too. Gonna do some serious nosh and gab.

Hugs,
Kim

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mentioned cheese curds.

If they came from the "Cheese Curd Capital of Wisconsin" at Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery - then you had the BEST! The Governor of Wisconsin gave them that title! They are so squeaky good and are made from rBST free milk!

Look at their web site about all the ways to enjoy cheese curds! And don't forget to microwave for 15 seconds to restore the squeaky freshness - plus the flavors burst when they are warm! YUM!

Their premium 100% All Natural Cheddar Cheese Curds are the color of fresh milk: White.
Question: “Did you ever drink a glass of orange milk?”
Look for the white cheddar morsels!

They sold 104,000 pounds of cheese curds to the Minnesota State Fair last year and sell to state and county fairs nationwide. If you are at Miller Park in Milwaukee for a Brewers Home Game – you have to try the fried cheese curds! Or at an A&W Restaurant! They even have a very simple four-ingredient recipe on the back of their FRESH cheese curd packages for battering cheese curds. Bringing the State Fair right into your home! They have more recipes on their web site if you are unable to get Ellsworth Cheese Curds in your grocery stores, convenience stores or deli sections.
Yum!

www.ellsworthcheesecurds.com

8:05 AM  
Blogger ChariDee said...

Some cheese curd spammed your blog! Let's get 'em!

I wish I was going to be there! Ya'll are just gonna have to have enough fun for me!

Be safe, have fun, laugh often!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

To funny, Charity,
What the heck? :)

I wish you could be there! We'll get together one of these days. Michele and I will take lots of pictures.

Take care.

Hugs,
Kim

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home