Friday, July 04, 2008

Ribbon & Crystal-Tipped Pins


Kristin wanted black ribbon around the cake and simple polka dots. I wanted to do something to jazz it up. Her sister, Staci, had these long, crystal-tipped pins in the table decorations at her reception and I took some. (In retrospect, I wish I would have taken more.) One night, I stared at the pins wondering what I could do with them and it hit me. Pin the ribbon in front with these pretty pins. Kristin's cake top is crystal, after all.

I have two pins and the florist is going to get me some more. (Let's hope she does, cuz don't they look pretty?) The florist is going to add hot pink roses as well. Hopefully, I'll be there to help her because I wasn't wild about how she placed the rose petals on Staci's cake and I certainly don't want her pinning the ribbon on.

Note: Please ignore the ugly cardboard and messy bottom of the cake. The cake will be lifted off the cardboard, stacked on top of the next largest cake, and the bottom border will be added at the reception hall.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home