Friday, June 13, 2008

RIP Tim Russert



I just can't believe it! I was listening to Randi Rhodes on the radio--just now--and she announced that Tim Russert had a heart attack and died today. He was only 58. I had the pleasure of hearing Mr. Russert speak at a women's conference a couple of years ago and he was warm and funny and real, just like he comes across on TV. My heart goes out to his family and colleagues. Sunday morning will never be the same without him on Meet The Press.

Vaya con Dios, Tim.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ChariDee said...

The Hubs was really shook up about this. I think because he was so young. The Hubs is only 44 but to think that in just 14 short years, ya know? It was indeed very sad news

9:04 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

I watched all the tributes this weekend and cried at every one of them. I think it was because he was such a loving and passionate man. He loved his family, politics, sports, and Buffalo, NY. He just seemed like a guy who you'd enjoy talking to. He never forgot where he came from.

58 is so young, yes. It is a scary thing. My dad's 60 and my mom's 59. Scary, scary stuff.

Hugs,
Kim

7:08 PM  
Blogger meesh said...

I also tend to get my news from Randi Rhodes (also Stephani Miller and John Stewart). It was such a shock to hear about Tim Russert. I used to watch him on Sundays with my mom and I always got a kick out of his interviews and such. He seemed like a cool dad and a down to earth guy. He will be very much missed.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home