Friday, April 18, 2008

What I've been working on


Sorry, it's not my novel--though that will come soon!--it's my cousin's wedding cake. For the last couple of weeks, I've been obsessed with buying ingredients, supplies, and baking cake layers. Oh, and what I'm going to wear too, of course!

The bride, Staci, was a flower girl in my wedding! Now, we do tend to get married v young in my family, but it still makes me feel a teeny weeny bit old. Her sister, Kristin, two years her senior (and another of my flower girls) is getting married in July as well. So, we'll do wedding cake, take II then.

Anyway, here's all 7 layers of the cake as they looked this morning (above). The layer that was batter in the pan is now ready to come out of the oven. I'll work on leveling and filling the other sizes while that one cools--hopefully v quickly since it's too big to fit in my fridge which would help speed up the cooling process!

For those of you wondering why there are 7 cake layers, it's because I couldn't get a thicker cake pan for the bottom layer. Both the 8" & 12" cakes were baked in 3" depth pans, but my 16" pan is only 2".

And the photo below is how they looked all trimmed and with two of them stacked. Cake's gonna be tall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home