Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Things II

1) I have three half-sisters. I met A & K only once during a two-day visit, the other one (S) I've met twice. My dad also adopted a little boy (R) about 5 years ago. I met R once on the same two-day visit when I met A & K for the first time. S had come to visit me for a long weekend a few years before. S is getting married this summer and I would love to go. S and I have the most in common.

2) My husband and I met when I was 16 and he was 18. We have been together ever since.

3) I took a speed-reading class in junior high and I can read very fast, but I tend to read slower when I'm really enjoying a book. I Like to make a good book last.

4) My three favorite places on earth are: Gorga, Spain & Florence, Italy & my house. I love my little house.

5) I'd sooner give up meat than cheese. I love cheese in all its forms--except that fake cheeze Danish kind, American cheese and Velveeta Cheese. Well, ALMOST all its forms, anyway. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ChariDee said...

We had to learn speed reading in 2nd grade. It helped a lot with my mild dyslexia. I mean A LOT! There are a lot of neat tricks involved in speed reading. But I'm just the opposite. If I like the book I can't seem to slow myself down, but if I don't it can take forever! Of course, on the upside, It gives me excuses to do the re-reading thing I love so much!

I'm also totally with ya on the cheese thing. So are my kids. In fact, MB, won't even eat meat, but cheese and veggies are her two favorite things in this world together.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

They say that if you speed-red, you retain more, but I just can't help but slow down when I'm about 2/3 of the way done. I start getting sad that I'm getting closer to the end. :)

Meat has always been a side dish for me. I'd rather have a larger serving of veggies and carbs. As long as I have some cheese, meat's almost not necessisary.

Hugs,
Kim:)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home