Monday, May 26, 2008

Life Catches Up to You

Sorry I've been so scarce. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Life catches up to you sometimes and you just have to ride it out. With my 40th birthday looming on the (not so distant) horizon, I've gone through various thoughts and feelings since my 39th. As I've written in my profile, this year has been about making positive changes. Some I've made, some I haven't (yet!) and some I'm struggling to keep up with.

The big four-oh... Wow. Funny how you never quite imagine how hard something is going to hit you until you finally (nearly) get there. My 30th hit me really hard too (really hard) but a lot of good came out of my 30's, and I expect nothing less of my 40's!

I like the person I am, I like my life, and I intend to make my 40's about making positive changes for the future. The hubby and I plan on remodeling the house (we've decided to stay here, rather than move) and make it work for us and our lifestyle. I've decided to complete my BA degree, complete my novels, and pursue anything else that interests me. Since reaching this age, we've made the final decision that our feet are firmly planted in the "no kids" camp, so we are going to do all the things we've always wanted to do. We're living our lives for ourselves and each other and we feel really positive about it.

So, as forty approaches, I am trying to put it all in the proper perspective. Bear with me, it'll probably take me up until that big day to get there, but I will.

7 Comments:

Blogger ChariDee said...

You've already had a full year, and it sounds like it's a been a good one too. Busy, but good. I love your attitude of "yet". You'll get to 'em. If not, that's OK too, there will be time next year, or even the year or years, after that. It if is truly for the better, no doubt in my mind you'll get it done!

Remodeling the house? OY, we're still working on that one too! Good Luck, and you know we expect lots of pics :)

Love Ya
Char

8:47 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hi Char,

YET. Yep, yep. I have to think like that. Michele's been writing up a storm and I'm doing my best to get my butt in gear and start up again too. I've agreed to write an article for a new website. It's actually due in less than a week. Eek. Hopefully, once I get started on that, evertying will click and I won't be able to stop. Which is usually the case when I start back up. :)

We're re-remodeling the house. We've been here 14 years. The stuff we renovated when we moved in needs to be re-done, and the stuff we never did? Eeek. Scary! LOL.

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a pretty rough year so far.

Hugs,
Kim

10:44 PM  
Blogger meesh said...

"I like the person I am, I like my life..."
That is an amazing thing to be able to say! I hope I can say the same when I'm staring 40 in the face. :)
Thank you so much for stopping my my little neglected bloggy corner of the world. You gave me a great smile today. (((hug)))

9:26 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hey Meesh!

I'm glad I gave you a smile. Seeing you back and blogging made me smile too. I love your blog. :)

And thanks for the hugs too. Here's some back: (((hugs)))

Take care,
Kim

7:53 PM  
Blogger Stepher said...

As I also approach 40 I am taking stock in my life as well.

Here's to positive changes for both of us!

Cheers!

Stepher

3:54 PM  
Blogger Stepher said...

I just noticed that you are also a Bad Religion fan. I am currently following Brett Gurewitz on Twitter and I have to tell you his tweets are FAR more interesting than any tweet I've even contemplated. Here's his page:

http://twitter.com/OblivionPact

He's on safari ATM

3:27 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Hi Stepher,

Yeah. I'm still a big fan of all the music I loved in high school.

I tried to follow the link, but it wouldm't open. I don't have safari. I wonder if that's why. I'm tech challenged. I'm not really sure what twitter is, though I've heard of it. :)

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home