Saturday, July 28, 2007

Day 6

Here I am at day 6. Surprisingly enough, I don't feel the least bit deprived. We even ate out last night at a nice little Mexican place that makes the best fish tacos. Not the breaded and fried kind, the grilled white fish, cabbage, pico de gallo and a sprinkling of cheese on tiny little corn tortillas kind. Heaven! I treated myself to 3 chips and some of their wonderful fruity sugar-free iced tea with Splenda. Yes folks, you can still eat out on a diet. it can be done.

This morning I weighed myself and I lost 5 pounds!

Yes, I know it's all water, but I could have kept those 5 pounds on, so I'm considering this a victory none the less. The next five pounds will probably take me a month, but that's ok. Slow and steady wins the race, right? Someone please remind me I said that when I'm whining in a few weeks.

Off to the grocery store. Lots of yummy fresh produce on sale. Red and black plums, broccoli crowns, white corn, green beans, tomatoes, cantaloupe, blueberries. I'm hungry already!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Grendel said...

Heh. I like the fiscal year resolutions. :)

And in this one I do think slow and steady wins the race, or at least (to strain a metaphor) is less likely to have to enter the race again in 6 months. :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thanks Grendel! I'm very focused right now. Hopefully when New Year comes around I'll be halfway to my goal. :)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home