Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lucky in Love





Last Saturday (AKA 7/7/07, the luckiest day of the century) my cousin Kari married her fiance Rob in Las Vegas, Nevada. No, they weren't married by an Elvis impersonator on the Strip, everything was planned ahead of time. The wedding ceremony took place in a beautiful garden with a gazebo covered in little white lights and the reception hall overlooked the same beautiful garden.

It was a change for our family. No one has ever gotten married in a place we had to travel to before. Nearly everyone in the family was able to make it and we all enjoyed the excursion very much.

As for the dollar dance, I danced with the bride instead of the groom, returning the favor since Kari did the same at my wedding reception nearly 15 years ago. I wasn't alone. Pretty much all of my female relitives lined up behind me. What can I say? We're huggy, emotional bunch of Italian females.

Congratulations to the new Mr. And Mrs. May your new life together be filled with happiness. *Mwah!*

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Oh I LOVE wedding stories. Congrats to the lovely new family! May you have years to annoy each other, plan, and love.

Love Charity (Who probably would have wanted to be married by the Elvis impersinator if I was married in Vegas LOL)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

LOL Char,

Some good friends of ours decided to have "Elvis" marry them when they renewed their vows on their 10th anniversary. A good time was had by all. But this was Kari's first wedding. We all get married pretty young in my family and, at 36, she's the oldest girl to marry. She deserved the whole fairy tale wedding day.

I love wedding stories too. I'm a totaly sentimental Cancer. Your birthday's coming up too, yes?

Kim:)

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home