Friday, July 13, 2007

Rita & Golden Heart Awards 2007





It's about 24 hours until we find out who the winners of the Golden Heart & Ritas are. I am very excited this year because Caridad Ferrer's (Barbara Ferrer) YA novel Adios to My Old Life has been nominated for 2 Ritas! Best First Book & Best Contemporary Single Title Romance.

The full list of Rita finalists is here.

The full list of Golden Heart finalists is here.

The first time I met Barb was at the 2005 RWA National Con in Reno. I was with my friend and critique partner, Michele (who knew Barb--I didn't) when Barb came up to tell us that she'd just sold Adios. It was a moment I'll never forget.

Last year Adios was published and this year Barb is up for two awards. I even moderated when Adios was our Cherry Forums Book Club pick for January 2007. (I posted a short note in Blogger here.) Barb went through a lot with this book she lovingly refers to as "the little book that could" and it brings me such joy to see her nominated. I'll be much more joyous if she wins at least one Rita, though I'm thinking she'll get both of them. I've read Adios three times and it's a fantastic book!

Her next book is called It's Not About the Accent and it sounds like a winner. YA or not, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Congratulations Barb/Caridad on your nominations! I know you'll be holding that pretty lady in your hands Saturday night. Here's hoping it'll be two fisted!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home