Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Political tidbits

This made me so angry I wanted to hit something. If you know me, you know this is HUGE.
-------------------
Snippets:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House on Friday appeared resigned to the fact that the Iraqi parliament is going to take August off, even though it has just eight weeks to show progress on military, political and economic benchmarks prescribed by the United States.

And:

``You know, it's 130 degrees in Baghdad in August,'' he said, sympathetically.
--------------------

Why do we feel sorry for the Iraqi soldiers but not our American Soldiers? Why are our American soldiers giving the Iraqi soldiers a vacation from the 130 degree weather? Pardon me, the last time I checked, 130 degrees was hot for Americans too! Even hotter for our troops who are not FROM the area and may not be used to 130 degree weather like someone who was born there! Imagine some poor kid from Alaska or Minnesota? Grrrrr!

*************


This
made me so upset I cried. (Thanks to Vaishali for sending it to me) I really don't need to comment. It speaks for itself. I watch it and I wonder how much more of this we are going to sit by and watch before people stand up and join us in saying NO MORE!

Your vote is your voice, people. Do not squander it. People died so that we could vote.

**************


This
story made me so mad I couldn't see straight. FEMA just doesn't know what to waste our tax dollars on, do they?
-------------

Snippets:

GLOUCESTER, Mass. (AP) — After nearly two years, thousands of truck miles and $12.5 million in storage costs, a cold relic of the flawed Hurricane Katrina relief effort is going down the drain.

And:

The ice, held at AmeriCold Logistics in Gloucester and at 22 similar facilities nationwide, is being melted. The cost of storing the ice at all the facilities since Katrina is $12.5 million.
--------------

I wish someone could tell me why these people who call themselves Christians, are wasting MILLIONS of dollars that could feed poor people!

******************

What do you think?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Grendel said...

The troop bit especially ticks me off. As I said in my blog, I was never as horrifed by the war as some (Hussein was a very bad person. There's worse thing to do with several hundred billion dollars than get rid of him) but neither did I ever think the war had any chance of decreasing terrorism (Hussein, as bad as he was, was secular. The very religious of the terrorists weren't going to like him either.)

But after all of the mismanagement, and idiocy that went into running the war, it's all a bit much. And I'm very frustrated with the Iraqi government that doesn't seem at all interested in solving (or even addressing) some of the basic political problems.

I don't know if simply leaving will do anything other than send Iraq into a full-scale civil war, but that seems to be going on anyway. I'd rather not lose more soldier's lives to it.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Exactly!

Thanks so much for your reply. This issue is the biggest because its price is the highest: human lives. And thank you again for your service. I have nothing but respect for the soldiers who protect us.

Kim

8:39 PM  
Blogger Grendel said...

Heh. I got off pretty easy. My deployment was just 6 months of boredom and partying.

They should've video taped us. Would've made for good recruitment, if maybe kind of false advertising. :)

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home