Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What's been going on

The day job:
Tomorrow is officially one month since I started training T. She's really come into her own in the last week. I handed over most of my files and almost everyone who usually calls me is calling her now. We have yet to go over every single little thing, but we share an office now, so it's going to be a much easier transition than if we didn't. Yeah! Tomorrow is her birthday and she's taking the day off. I hope she has a nice time. it will be interesting trying to do the job with everything at her desk. :)

Also, today I was given my first lesson at my new job. I totally get what T's been going through this past month. The hour-long overview was a lot to take in, but I'm so excited about learning this new job. I'm a perfectionist and I often get frusterated when learning something new because I feel like I have to be perfect right off the bat. Everything I'm learning will be new so there's no way I'll be close to perfect for a very long time. Surprisingly, I feel ok with it and I'm excited about what lies ahead. It seems I've learned much from T this last month as she's learned from me. Work, the ultimate adventure.

On writing:
My WIP is moving right along. My plotting is nearly done and I've been reading tons of research material. I wrote the first couple of pages Sunday just to get a feel of my Protagonist, the (still) nameless witch. I don't really know her yet (purposely) and I'm going to continue my quest for knowledge of all things Witchy, Wiccan, Spells, Werewolf and the like for a while.

It feels good to work on something new, though. While I dearly love my Healer story, I was stuck for a long time. Working on something else feels like such a blessing to me. I'm actually making progress. Being stuck on the other story made me feel like a failure, but this feels productive. I bet all kinds of ideas will pop in my head for my Healer story as I work on this Witch story, especially since so much of what I'm reading (herbs, spells, etc.) is related.

Life:
Life is crazy-busy right now and will be for the next month. I'm trying to organize myself so it won't make me too crazy. I don't really like it when things are too scheduled, but I'll deal with it. Some of the stuff I'm reading for the WIP about meditating and channeling power is really interesting and I've tried it a bit. It really works. How cool is it that something I needed for research might help me deal with some of my daily stresses? Writing is so much more than just putting a story together. It affects all areas of your life.

Book Fun:
Please join us in the Cherry Forums for Book Club. May 1-May 15 we are discussing Ice Blue by Anne Stuart, the infamous Sister Krissie. :) She will be with us May 1-7 to answer questions and gab. We've already had some good conversation today and we'd love to have you join us too. I am the moderator for Ice Blue and I've read this book, as well as the previous two Ice books, Black Ice and Cold as Ice. The category is romantic suspense and they are very, very good.

That's all for now. I hope you are all having a great week. :)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

I've got the book in my TBR stack, but I haven't read the other two, will I be lost?

Glad things at work are going well and I'm sending prayers that the learning curve on your new position goes well.

And YAY on the WIP. Sounds like things are coming along nicely!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't be lost, Char! Go ahead and read some of it and join us! Anne (Krissie) is so sweet.

Late for work, no time to sign in. This is me, Kim (Cherry Red)

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home