Friday, August 04, 2006

Tears

We lost our baby girl tonight.

We just came back from the 24 hour pet hospital. Everyone there was so kind and loving. Our Nikita was nearly 12 years old and we made the right decision, but it still hurts like hell.

It feels good to know that we were there with her when the vet put her out of her misery. It was over in seconds and she wasn't scared at all. It is good to be able to say that we gave her a long healthy, happy life. Since our other Akita Kilroy passed away we doted on her--refrained form getting another dog (which would have made things easier on us) because it was better for her to be alone with us.

But why oh why does it have to hurt so much? Why oh why do we let these furry creatures into our hearts? Because we have no choice. Anyone whose ever loved an animal can tell you that. You really have no power over the love of an animal.

Our house seems very empty tonight.

Tomorrow I'll go to petloss.com and enter her name in the memorial. Tomorrow I'll go to carvedgraphics.com and order her a plaque to match Kilroy's. But tonight--this morning--I'll do what I'm doing now. I'll remember all the good times, cry a river of tears, cuddle my cat and comfort my husband.

Good bye my Niki, sweet Kiki, baby girl, Nikita Bonita.

Good bye baby.

Lady Kenpo Nikita
September 23, 1994- August 4, 2006

Rest in Peace

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Kim. Sending hugs your way and I hope you find some peace today.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thank you Caryle so very much.

5:34 AM  
Blogger LondonWriting said...

(((((((((((cherry red))))))))))

I'm so sorry. She obviously brought much love to your life and was well-loved in return.

Thinking of you,

Chandra

7:16 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

I feel that hug. Thank you Chaundra darling.

Kim

8:47 AM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Oh, Kim. I am so very sorry. Losing a loved pet is a very hurtful and sad time and I am sending tons of hugs your way. (((((((kim)))))))))))

9:01 AM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Thank You Charity.

It was so hard to lose her. When we lost our other dog, we had her to take care of. Now that she's gone, the house just feels so empty.

I don't have to tell you about loss anyway. You've had a lot of it. I hope you and your family are doing well. (((((((((Cherity))))))))))

9:06 AM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Oh sweetie - hugs and condolences. Their lives pass more quickly because they burn brighter than ours, every moment is precious and it hurts so much when they're gone. But she's over the Rainbow Bridge and running like a young pup again.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Kari,

That was beautiful and so very true. Thanks for the kind words. They really do mean a lot.

Kim

11:28 PM  
Blogger dee said...

(((((((Kim))))))))
Oh sweetie, I know it hurts! I think you're awesome to be doing the memorial and the plaque for your Niki. She is your baby and you feel free to mourn her, ok?
hugs and love to you both,
dee

1:40 PM  
Blogger Wigged Out said...

Kim, I just got back from out of town and was catching up on my favorite blogs. I'm so, SO sorry for your loss and heartache! It is just so damn hard!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kim}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
She was so lucky to have you as an owner!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Cherry Red said...

Robin and Dee,
Thank you both for the nice things you said. You just don't realize how much time you spend with them and how huge a part of your lives they are until they're gone. The term "Man's best friend" is so true.

Thanks to both of you for the hugs,
Kim

1:03 PM  
Blogger Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Dear Kim"
I am so sorry for your loss. I know what heartache it is to lose a beloved dog. I have had several over the years and they are all different personalities and yet you love them all. Now I have an 11 yo German Shepherd that is my buddy, my friend, my safety and my security. She watches over me when my husband goes to work and before Sheryl can come and stay with me.

Tara is her name and she makes me feel safe and secure. She is such an affectionate dog. She will stand on her hind legs, put her paws in my lap and throw her head into the crook of my shoulder. Then she will stay that way for several minutes. I love her very,very much, just as you must have love your Niki.

I truly sense your loss. Big hugs (((((((((((Kim)))))))))))

Penny

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home